Oreo Coffee Cheesecake
I love just about any type of cheesecake and since my husband made extra coffee this morning, I went with an Oreo coffee cheesecake and it was absolutely delicious! It's best to make this cheesecake the day before because it needs 4-5 hours of cooling and chilling in the refrigerator.
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, cookies (oreo), butter, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, eggs, cream cheese, sugar, cookies (oreo), greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coffee, whipped cream
10 - 12 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 2 cup(s) oreo cookies, crumbled
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3 pkg(s) 8oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 4 1/2 oz. remaining Oreo cookies (about 15)
- 1 cup(s) plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) brewed coffee
- 1 pkg(s) 6.5oz. whipped cream
- 1. Crust: Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- 2. Pulse the oreos in a blender or food processor until they are very fine. Measure out 2 cups of crumbs.
- 3. Combine the crumbs with the melted butter in a small bowl and mix well until incorporated.
- 4. Wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the water out during the water bath.
- 5. Add the crumbs to the 8 inch springform pan, distribute them evenly, and press the crumbs into the pan. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- 6. Turn the oven down to 325º F.
- 7. Cheesecake:
Using a hand-held electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 8. Mix in yogurt, coffee, and vanilla.
- 9. Then add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed just until combined. Gently fold in remaining Oreo cookies making sure not to over-mix.
- 10. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Place the springform pan into a large roasting pan and place in the oven.
- 11. Fill the roasting pan up with hot water until the water level comes about halfway up the outside of the cheesecake pan.
- 12. Bake in preheated oven 50 - 60 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- 13. Turn the oven off and open the door slightly. Let the cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour.
- 14. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool, then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 15. (Optional) Top with whipped cream and serve.