Beet & Berry Smoothie Bowl
Get your veggies and fruits all in one with this healthy smoothie bowl. Garnish with toppings such as fresh berries, hemp or chia seeds, or a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
This recipe contains mixed berries, beets, bananas, flaxseed (milled), spinach (baby), milk (almond, unsweetened), hemp seeds, honey, mixed berries
1 - 2 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
- 1 cup(s) frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1/2 cup(s) raw, red beets, diced small (approx 1 medium sized beet)
- 1 whole banana
- 1/4 cup(s) ground flax seeds
- 2 pn. greens, such as baby spinach or baby kale
- 1/2 cup(s) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 - 2 tbsp. mixed berries
- 1. *Remember to peel and chop the banana before freezing*
- 2. Combine frozen blueberries, half of frozen bananas and half of almond milk in a blender and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl or measuring cup and set aside. Rinse out blender, then combine remaining frozen bananas, remaining almond milk, frozen pineapple and yogurt and process until smooth.
- 3. Layer in two smoothie glasses, alternately adding blueberry and pineapple smoothies to glasses, then swirling the sides as you go with a knife or toothpick.