Smokey Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Looking for a gameday appetizer? These easy, pimiento cheese meets "deviled" eggs are always a hit. Topping suggestions: sliced green onions, diced country ham, sliced pickled okra, spiced pecans
This recipe contains eggs, mayonnaise, cheese (cheddar, shredded), peppers (red, roasted), dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, , ,
2 dozen servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese, smoked or sharp
- 1/4 c roasted red peppers, jarred
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- toppings (optional)
- 1. Place eggs in a large stainless steel saucepan (not nonstick). Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel under cold running water. Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Reserve 6 yolks for another use.
- 3. Mash remaining 6 yolks with mayonnaise using a fork. Stir in cheese and next 3 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into egg whites. Serve with desired toppings.