Beer Braised Brats with Sauerkraut
Beer and brats send me straight back to my Oktoberfest days in Germany. Not only do you get a tasty meal but you can enjoy a cold beer while making it!
This recipe contains bratwurst, beer, onions, butter, cajun seasoning, sauerkraut, hot dog buns, mustard (brown)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 lb. bratwursts
- 1 - 2 can(s) oz. beer
- 2 whole onions, sliced
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 cup(s) sauerkraut
- 1 pkg(s) hot dog buns
- 8 tbsp. brown mustard
- 1. Preheat grill to high (400 degrees F). Place a deep disposal aluminum pan on top.
- 2. Add sliced onion, brats and beer. Scatter butter all around and sprinkle seasoning.
- 3. Cover with aluminum foil and close the lid of the grill. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- 4. Lower to medium heat. Remove foil and place brats directly on the grill to brown.
- 5. Serve on buns with sauerkraut, onions and mustard. Enjoy!