Weight Watchers Chicken Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai- lightened up!
This recipe contains rice noodles, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), fish sauce, broccoli crowns, carrots, lime juice, sugar, water, ginger (fresh), cooking spray, oil (peanut), peppers (chili, fresh), garlic (fresh), bean sprouts, peanuts (dry roasted), cilantro (fresh)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 7 oz. rice noodles
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) fish sauce, divided
- 6 oz. broccoli florets, uncooked
- 1 whole medium carrot uncooked, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger root, fresh, finely minced
- cooking spray (2 sprays)
- 4 tsp. peanut oil, divided
- 1 tsp. green hot chili peppers, or red chili pepper, Thai-variety, deveined, seeded, minced*
- 1 clove(s) medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) bean sprouts, uncooked
- 2 1/2 oz. peanuts, dry-roasted, salted, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1. In a large non-reactive bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, garlic, honey, oil and 2 tablespoons cilantro; mix well. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Add chicken to bowl, tossing to make sure each piece is coated; refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a baking dish; discard marinade. Broil chicken, 4 to 6 minutes; flip and brush chicken with reserved marinade. Return chicken to oven and broil until chicken is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes more.
- 3. To serve, sprinkle chicken with scallions, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and any sauce accumulated in baking dish. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/3 cup sauce per serving.