Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Spring rolls are one of my favorite summer snacks/meals. They're healthy, fresh, tasty and pretty!
This recipe contains rolls, rice paper, shrimp, rice noodles, shredded carrots, cabbage (red), cucumbers, baby spring mix, , peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, lime juice, fresh cilantro, fresh mint
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- Spring Rolls:
- 1 pkg(s) rice sheets
- 6 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 oz. rice noodles
- 1 cup(s) carrots, shredded
- 1 cup(s) red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 - 1 whole cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 - 2 cup(s) spring mix
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup(s) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup(s) hoisin sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves
- 1. Dipping Sauce:
Combine ingredients and add 1/4 cup of warm water, whisk until smooth and refrigerate.
- 2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then remove from heat and add shrimp. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Remove shrimp (reserving water) and allow to cool. Return water to a boil and cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- 4. Slice shrimp in half lengthwise. Rinse and drain rice noodles.
- 5. Fill a medium size skillet about half way with cold water. Immerse 1 sheet of rice paper into water about 5 seconds, paper should still feel a little stiff but it will soften as you roll.
- 6. Lay 4 shrimp (halves) in a row. Top with 1 oz of rice noodles, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, cucumbers, spring mix, cilantro and mint leaves.
- 7. Roll rice paper with filling like a burrito. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Serve with dipping sauce.