Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Spring rolls are one of my favorite summer snacks/meals. They're healthy, fresh, tasty and pretty!
This recipe contains XXXX, rice paper, shrimp, rice noodles, carrots (shredded), cabbage (red), cucumbers, baby spring mix, XXXXX, peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, lime juice, fresh cilantro, fresh mint
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- Spring Rolls:
- 1 pkg(s) rice sheets
- 6 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 oz. rice noodles
- 1 cup(s) carrots, shredded
- 1 cup(s) red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 - 1 whole cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 - 2 cup(s) spring mix
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup(s) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup(s) hoisin sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves
- 1. Dipping Sauce:
Combine ingredients and add 1/4 cup of warm water, whisk until smooth and refrigerate.
- 2. Spring Rolls:
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then remove from heat and add shrimp. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Remove shrimp (reserving water) and allow to cool. Return water to a boil and cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- 4. Slice shrimp in half lengthwise. Rinse and drain rice noodles.
- 5. Fill a medium size skillet about half way with cold water. Immerse 1 sheet of rice paper into water about 5 seconds, paper should still feel a little stiff but it will soften as you roll.
- 6. Lay 4 shrimp (halves) in a row. Top with 1 oz of rice noodles, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, cucumbers, spring mix, cilantro and mint leaves.
- 7. Roll rice paper with filling like a burrito. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Serve with dipping sauce.