Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
The cauliflower in this mac and cheese gives this dish a spin on an old classic.
This recipe contains bread crumbs, unsalted butter, parsley (fresh), salt (kosher), pepper, pancetta, cauliflower, unsalted butter, flour (all-purpose), wine (white), milk, cheese (fontina), cheese (gouda), cayenne pepper, nutmeg (whole), heavy cream, pasta (elbow)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, minced
- 1 ds. kosher salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 8 oz. pancetta, julienned
- 1 1/2 lb. cauliflower, cut into 1/2 inch florets
- 3 - 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 3 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 8 oz. fontina cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 1. In a small bowl, add soy sauce, water, mirin, sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and green onions and whisk to combine.
- 2. Place salmon in two 6 inch square pans or two 8 inch mini loaf pans and pour half of the marinade over the salmon (reserve half of the marinade for serving). Allow salmon to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- 3. Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Place the prepared pans inside, stacking them to form an X shape.
- 4. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- 5. While the salmon is cooking, pour reserved marinade into a small saute pan over medium high heat on the stove top. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and whisk to combine. Once the marinade comes to a simmer, slowly pour in the cornstarch slurry and whisk constantly until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- 6. When pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- 7. Serve warm over rice (or cauliflower rice for paleo) and drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the dish. Garnish with reserved green onion.