Barley Lentil Soup
Barley Lentil Soup- (vegetarian) green lentils, barley, carrots, onions and celery with a dollop of plain yogurt.
This recipe contains olive oil, carrots, celery, onions (yellow), vegetable broth, salt, lentils (green), barley, water, parsley (fresh), black pepper, yogurt
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole carrot, chopped
- 1 whole celery stalk, chopped
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) green lentils
- 1/4 cup(s) barley
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg(s) whole milk plain yogurt, for topping
- 1. In large saucepan or soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, carrot, celery, and pepper until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add broth, water, salt, lentils and barley to the pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until barley and lentils are tender, about 40 minutes
- 3. Stir in chopped parsley before serving. To serve, top each serving with a dollop of yogurt. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.