Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Parmesan
Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Parmesan- lightly breaded chicken, spinach, and artichoke hearts on a bed of wilted spinach.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), salt, pepper, flour (all-purpose), olive oil, onions, pasta sauce, baby spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese (parmesan, wedge)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 whole thin-sliced skinless boneless chicken breast, lightly pounded
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)andnbsp;
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pasta sauce- I used a roasted garlic marinara sauce
- 2 oz. baby spinach (about 2 cups loosely packed)
- 2 1/2 oz. drained marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped (about 1/2 cup)andnbsp;
- 1 oz. parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1. Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper. Coat the chicken with the flour.
- 2. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- 3. Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Stir in the sauce, spinach and artichokes. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and the chicken is cooked through. Top with the cheese.