Broccoli and Beef Stir-Fry
Classic Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry.
This recipe contains fresh garlic, tomatoes (roma), sirloin beef, stir fry vegetables (frozen), peanut oil, chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, rice
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves
- 1 whole medium roma tomato
- 8 oz. lean sirloin beef, uncooked
- 12 oz. frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 2 cup(s) cooked rice
- 1. On a plate, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and salt; add beef and toss to coat.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 3. Add 1/2 cup broth to same pan; stir to loosen any bits on food on bottom of pan. Add broccoli; cover and cook, tossing occasionally and sprinkling with a tablespoon water if needed, until broccoli is almost crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover pan and add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4. In a cup, stir together water, soy sauce, remaining 1/2 cup broth and remaining 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch until blended; stir into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- 5. Return beef and accumulated juices to pan; toss to coat. Serve. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
*Could affect SmartPoints value.