Barilla 5-Layer Oven Ready Lasagne
A traditional lasagne with ground beef.
This recipe contains pasta (lasagna), olive oil (extra virgin), salt, black pepper, cheese (ricotta), cheese (parmigiano-reggiano), marinara sauce (Barilla default), beef (ground), cheese (mozzarella, shredded), cheese (parmigiano-reggiano), wine (white)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne Noodles
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan-reggiano cheese
- 48 oz. jar(s) Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef or sausage, browned
- 4 cup(s) mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup(s) parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine (optional)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and brown meat until cooked through; season with salt and pepper. If desired, add the wine (optional) and continue cooking until liquid has reduced by half, set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and Parmigiano cheese. Stir well.
- 3. Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one cup of sauce on the bottom of the dish; spread evenly. Place 3 sheets of lasagne side by side (sheets will expand while baking to the ends of the dish).
- 4. Pour 1 cup of sauce and 3/4 cup of cheese mixture on the first layer. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella and 1/3 cup of the cooked meat. Repeat for 3 more layers.
- 5. For the final layer, top with 3 lasagne sheets, add remaining sauce and top with cheese mixture and mozzarella.
- 6. Cover with foil; bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes to brown the cheese. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting