Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos
The slow cooker does so many things well—including pork shoulder. Toss one in with seasonings this morning, and enjoy awesome tacos tonight!
This recipe contains pork shoulder, cumin, barbecue sauce, oranges, salsa, taco shells (hard), avocados, cabbage (red), cheese (mexican blend), limes,
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 hr +
- 1 whole (3lb) boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 1 whole orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa
- 2 taco shells, warmed
- 2 whole avocados, chopped
- 2 cup(s) red cabbage, shredded
- 8 oz. mexican style taco cheese, shredded
- 2 whole limes, cut into 6 wedges, then cut crosswise in half
- 1. Cut meat into large chunks; place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with cumin. Add barbecue sauce and orange juice; cover with lid.
- 2. Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours). Remove meat from slow cooker; cut into small pieces or shred with 2 forks. Place in medium bowl. Add salsa and 1 cup of the cooking liquid; mix lightly.
- 3. Spoon meat mixture into taco shells; top with avocados, cabbage and cheese. Serve each with a lime piece to squeeze over tacos before serving.