Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Everything's better with chocolate! Turn up the sweetness on holiday cookies with this recipe for chocolate sugar cookies made with brown sugar.
This recipe contains light brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, bittersweet chocolate chips, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- 2. Beat brown sugar and butter in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until creamy. Add chocolate; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 3. On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into shapes with floured cookie cutters; place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 4. **For drop cookies, add 3 tablespoons of milk, alternately with dry ingredients. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack**