Brown Sugar Applesauce Eyeball Cupcakes
Fall flavors and a creative candy topping make these cupcakes a fun and frightening Halloween treat.
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, light brown sugar, sugar, butter, eggs, applesauce, milk, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, sugar (icing), m&m's, life savers (gummies), baking cups (cupcake)
16 - 18 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) applesauce
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg(s) red decorating gel/icing
- 1 pkg(s) m&m's for decorating
- 1 pkg(s) life savers, gummies/chewy for decorating
- 1 pkg(s) baking cup liners
- 1. Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 medium muffin cups with paper liners. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; set aside. Beat sugars and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and applesauce. Gradually add flour mixture, alternately with milk, until well blended. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 2. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3. Frosting:
In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, combine cream cheese and butter. Add confectioners' sugar, alternately with milk and vanilla; beat at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy. If desired, add more milk until frosting is desired consistency.
- 4. To decorate, frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Use red decorating gel to add veins to eyes; make pupils of eyes with chocolate and colored candies.