Hot Spiced Cider
This traditional holiday drink is indispensable on cold winter evenings.
This recipe contains apple cider, cinnamon stick, cloves (whole), allspice, sugar (quick dissolve), lemons, eggs, sugar (quick dissolve)
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 qt. apple cider
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp. whole cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 cup(s) quick dissolve superfine sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 egg, white only-slightly beaten
- quick dissolve superfine sugar, to dip glass rims
- 1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2. Decorate rims of heat-safe glasses or mugs by beating the egg white in a small bowl until slightly frothy. Dip the rims of the mugs or glasses into the egg white, then into a small dish of sugar.
- 3. Strain cider into mugs or glasses. Place a cinnamon stick into each glass to garnish; serve immediately.