Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
This delicious, comforting pudding is served with a rich, gooey caramel sauce.
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, bread (sandwich), eggs, eggs, milk, whipping cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, nutmeg, apples, cinnamon, raisins, butter, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, butter, sugar (light brown), whipping cream, almonds
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- FOR THE PUDDING
- 4 cup(s) white bread, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs
- 3 eggs (yolk only)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 apples (your choice)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup(s) raisins (optional)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup(s) almonds. chopped and toasted (optional garnish)
- 1. Pudding
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Dry bread cubes on cookie sheet in 350°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Toss bread, apples, cinnamon and raisins together; pour into prepared baking pan. Pour pudding mixture over bread cube mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes to make sure bread is fully soaked. Dab butter over top.
- 3. In large mixing bowl, whisk together all pudding ingredients except apples, cinnamon, raisins and butter. Peel, core and chop apples. Plump raisins in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- 4. Bake 40 to 50 minutes. (Pudding should be set in center, but not dry.) Spoon warm pudding into serving dishes.
- 5. Sauce
In 4-cup glass container, melt butter in microwave on HIGH for 45 to 60 seconds. Whisk in brown sugar and cream until blended. Microwave 2 to 2 1/2 minutes more, until bubbly and slightly thickened. Stir as needed.
Spoon warm caramel sauce onto pudding. Top with chopped, toasted almonds, if desired.
Makes 1 1/3 cups sauce.