Low-Carb Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps with Capers and Tomatoes
These Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps are the perfect low-carb lunch idea, and the lettuce wraps are also Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, dairy-free, South Beach Diet Phase One, and they can be Paleo or Whole 30 with an approved mayo.
This recipe contains fish (tuna), mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemons, celery seeds, salt (kosher), celery, capers, scallions, lettuce (romaine), tomatoes (cherry)
Prep time: 15 min
- 10-12 oz. good quality canned tuna
- 1/4 cup mayo or light mayo
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 T capers, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 large lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1. Drain tuna.
- 2. Stir together the mayo, Dijon, lemon juice, celery seed, and salt.
- 3. Cut lettuce apart and pick out 8 large leaves. Wash and dry lettuce.
- 4. Chop the celery and capers and thinly slice the green onions. Chop tomatoes if using.
- 5. Place drained tuna in a bowl and stir in the dressing until it's well-distributed in the tuna, then mix in the celery, capers, and green onions.
- 6. Fill lettuce leaves with the tuna mixture, and garnish with cherry tomatoes. This kept well in the fridge for several days.