Smokey Guinness Beef Chili
Try a new twist on a classic chili dish. The smokey savory flavors with a hint of sweet and spicy are a perfectly balanced. It's even better the next day!
This recipe contains olive oil, onions (yellow), garlic (fresh), beef (ground), peppers (poblano), cumin (ground), chili powder, paprika (smoked), salt, guinness, beans (kidney), beans (black), tomatoes (crushed, fire roasted), sugar (brown), cinnamon (ground), scallions, avocados, greek yogurt (plain), cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 whole poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 12 oz can/bottle guinness beer
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 29 oz. can(s) crushed tomatoes, fire roasted
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 green onions (garnish)
- 1 whole ripe avocado, sliced (garnish)
- 4 - 6 tbsp. greek yogurt, plain (garnish) or sour cream
- 4 - 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (garnish)
- 3 - 4 ds. salt or to taste
- 3 - 4 ds. pepper or to taste
- 1. In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes till translucent.
- 2. Add ground beef and cook for a few minutes. Then add poblano peppers, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt and continue to cook until beef is cooked through.
- 3. Deglaze with guinness beer and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add beans, crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon and continue to simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- 4. Serve hot with a dollop of greek yogurt, sliced green onions, avocado and shredded cheese. Enjoy