Spinach Ravioli with Arugula and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Dress up store bought ravioli with this bright, tasty and healthy pesto in just 30 minutes!
This recipe contains arugula, garlic (fresh), almonds, tomatoes (sun dried), olive oil (extra virgin), lemons, lemons, cheese (parmesan, grated), ravioli (spinach and cheese), salt (kosher), pepper (cracked)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cup(s) arugula
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup(s) almonds, toasted
- 1/4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes in oil (about 4 tomatoes)
- 2/3 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 whole lemon, juiced + 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 2 pkg(s) 9oz. spinach and cheese ravioli
- 1 - 2 pn. kosher salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 pn. fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1. Bring a pot a salted water to a boil. Cook ravioli according to packaged directions.
- 2. In a food processor, combine arugula, toasted almonds, lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 sun-dried tomatoes, 1 garlic clove and parmesan cheese.
- 3. Pulse a few times before adding olive oil. Process until smooth and fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Thinly slice remaining garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 5. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add about 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook garlic and sun-dried tomatoes till soft and golden.
- 6. Add cooked ravioli directly from boiling water (reserve water). Add about 1/4 cup of pesto (or as desired) and toss with ravioli.
- 7. If needed, add a couple tablespoons of reserved salted water to loosen sauce as desired. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.