Baked Lean Turkey Meatballs
A super versatile recipe for an easy weeknight supper. Lean ground turkey with a few flavors and an egg to help it stick together, rolled into meatballs and baked in the oven.
This recipe contains turkey (ground), garlic powder, salt, black pepper, paprika (smoked), eggs, bread crumbs (whole wheat), tomato sauce, cooking spray
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 lb. 97% lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup(s) plain, wholewheat breadcrumbs (optional)
- low sugar tomato sauce
- spray cooking oil
- 1. Line 2 baking trays or cookie sheets with crumpled foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 F
- 3. Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (except for sauce and spray oil).
- 4. Mix well, using a fork and then your hands.
- 5. Set the bowl on a digital scale, select ounces and hit “tare” to zero out the scale. Pinch off 1oz of meatball mix and roll with your hands into a ball shape.
- 6. Place on the prepared baking dish.
- 7. Bake for 20-25 mins. Ensure internal temperature reaches 165F.
- 8. After 15 minutes of cooking time, gently heat your favorite low sugar tomato sauce in a wide bottom pan or dutch oven.
- 9. Add cooked meatballs and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 10. Serve with a side garden salad, spiralized zucchini or your favorite whole grain pasta.