Make Ahead Unstuffed Shells
Here's the saucy, creamy deliciousness of stuffed pasta shells—without the hassle of stuffing them and with the convenience of make-ahead preparation.
This recipe contains pasta (shell), beef (ground), pasta sauce, cream cheese, basil (fresh), cheese (parmesan, grated), milk, italian seasoning, cheese (mozzarella, shredded)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 4 cup(s) medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 can(s) 24oz. tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese spread
- 1/3 cup(s) basil, chopped
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. dried italian seasoning
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1. Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; simmer on medium heat 2 min. Remove from heat.
- 2. Drain pasta. Mix cream cheese spread, basil, Parmesan, milk and Italian seasoning in large bowl until blended; stir in pasta. Spread half the meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with layers of pasta mixture and remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella; cover with aluminum foil. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- 3. Heat oven to 375ºF. Bake casserole, covered, 40 to 45 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 30 min.