Cranberry Balsamic Chicken
A festive holiday dinner idea.
This recipe contains olive oil, chicken thighs (bone-in) (skin-on), butter, cranberries, balsamic vinegar, garlic (fresh), rosemary (fresh), thyme (dried), sugar (brown), oranges
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. skin on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 oz. rosemary sprigs (about 6 sprigs)
- 2 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 whole orange, zested
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken skin side-down and cook until the skin is golden and crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken from heat and place on plate, skin side-up.
- 2. Melt butter in the same skillet then add cranberries, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, and orange zest. Return chicken to skillet and scatter herbs all around. Simmer until the liquid begins to thicken and the cranberries start to soften, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to oven and cook until the chicken thighs are cooked through, 18 to 25 minutes more. Serve warm.