Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
Chicken breast slow cooked in brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, sherry, ginger, and garlic. Serve over rice, potatoes, noodles, or on top of a salad!
This recipe contains sugar (brown), ketchup, soy sauce (low-sodium), sherry, ginger (ground), garlic (minced), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), scallions
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 hr +
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 6 tbsp. ketchup
- 6 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sherry
- 1/2 tsp. dried ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 - 3 scallions, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Separate strips of bacon & lay out flat in single layer, without overlapping, on lightly sprayed and foil-lined rimmed baking pans. Bake for 14-19 minutes or until desired doneness, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Remove bacon from pans with spatula while warm, draining briefly on absorbent paper & reserve.
- 2. Prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Trim root end of romaine hearts, removing any loose outer leaves, & cut in half lengthwise, keeping leaves intact at root end for easy grilling. Lightly brush romaine hearts with oil & grill, cut-side down, for 1-3 minutes or until edges slightly charred. Warm bacon by briefly grilling for 15-20 seconds per side.
- 3. Transfer romaine hearts, cut-side up, to serving platter and drizzle with Caesar dressing. Top with bacon, grape tomatoes, Parmesan & a fresh grinding of black pepper to taste.