Tuscan Tortellini Soup
This healthy, hearty soup needs to be in your dinner line-up.
This recipe contains olive oil (extra virgin), onions (yellow), sausage (chicken, links), garlic (fresh), tomatoes (crushed), chicken broth, crushed red pepper, salt (kosher), black peppercorns, tortellini (cheese), beans (cannellini), spinach (baby), cheese (parmesan, grated)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken sausage links
- 4 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 - 4 ds. kosher salt to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 18 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 15 oz. white beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 - 2 tbsp. grated parmesan, for garnish
- 1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender and lightly golden, 6 minutes. Add chicken sausage and cook until sausage is golden, 4 minutes more. Stir in garlic, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a rolling simmer and add tortellini. Simmer 20 minutes. Stir in white beans and spinach and cook until wilted, 1 minute. Garnish with Parmesan and serve.