Wild Rice and Sausage Dressing
Looking for a hearty, savory and oh-so-satisfying side dish? You’ve found it! This recipe brings together stuffing, sausage, pecans and Uncle Ben's long grain & wild rice, original recipe.
This recipe contains rice (wild), sausage (breakfast), onions, celery, apples (red delicious), pecans (chopped), stuffing mix, chicken broth
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 pkg(s) 6oz. long grain and wild rice, original recipe
- 3/4 lb. seasoned breakfast sausage
- 1 whole onion, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 whole red apples (optional)
- 3/4 cup(s) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg(s) 6oz. stuffing mix for chicken or turkey
- 2 can(s) 14.5oz. chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet crumble and brown the breakfast sausage.
- 4. Pour off excess fat from the skillet and add onion, celery, apples and pecans. Sauté until onion and celery are translucent.
- 5. Combine the stuffing mix, cooked rice, sausage and onion mixture in a large bowl. Moisten with broth.
- 6. Transfer stuffing to a large casserole dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil during the last 5 minutes to lightly brown.