Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Tacos
Buffalo style chicken inside crisp lettuce wraps with all the toppings.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), olive oil, , hot wing sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, cumin powder, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, , lettuce (romaine), tomatoes, onions (red), peppers (jalapeno, fresh), cheese (cheddar, shredded)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3 - 4 whole chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- for the buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) hot sauce, such as a buffalo or a red-hot sauce
- 3 tbsp. honey (omit for low carb)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- for the shells and toppings
- 1 whole large romaine lettuce (6 leaves), washed and dried
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1 whole red onion, chopped
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 oz. shredded cheddar (optional)
- 1. In a pot over high heat, cover eggs with cold water, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and peel shells.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, mash together eggs and avocado.
- 3. Stir in 1 tbsp of hot sauce (it acts as a flavored vinegar that you'd taste in mayonnaise) or 2 teaspoons for less heat.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on toast and top with tomato, in a wrap or simply on it's own. Enjoy!