Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Fall flavors of apple and caramel in a chewy oatmeal cookie.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking soda, salt, apple pie spice, sugar (brown), butter, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, oats, caramels, apples (freeze dried, sliced)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) applesauce
- 1 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup(s) oats, old-fashioned
- 1/2 cup(s) caramel bits
- 1/2 cup(s) dried apple rings, finely chopped
- 1. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Make the Crust: Pulse graham crackers and Nilla Wafer cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Place in a bowl and stir in cinnamon and melted butter. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes, while preparing filling.
- 3. Beat cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla with a hand held or stand mixer. Place apples in a small bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- 4. Make the topping by mixing all topping ingredients in a medium bowl with a hand mixer.
- 5. Pour cream cheese mixture over hot crust. Sprinkle with apples. Sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake for 40-45 minutes (mine took 43). Cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 3 hours before cutting.