These savory and delectable muffins are wonderful for a holiday breakfast. These gluten free muffins contain bacon, eggs, cheese, bell peppers inside a hash brown crust. So scrumptious!
This recipe contains eggs, cheese (blend, cheddar, shredded), hash browns (frozen), olive oil (extra virgin), sea salt, black pepper, bacon, bell peppers (red), bell peppers (orange), parsley (fresh), milk (reduced fat), cooking spray
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 9 large eggs, divided
- 8 oz. blended cheese divided
- 1 pkg(s) 20oz. hash browns, pat dry (simply potato preferred in this dish)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pkg(s) 12oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 whole bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) 2% milk or cream
- cooking spray-to coat muffin tin
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- 2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- 3. Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions. Serve with jasmine rice, fried egg and sesame seeds, if desired.