These savory and delectable muffins are wonderful for a holiday breakfast. These gluten free muffins contain bacon, eggs, cheese, bell peppers inside a hash brown crust. So scrumptious!
This recipe contains hash browns (frozen), olive oil (extra virgin), sea salt, black pepper, cheese (blend, cheddar, shredded), bacon, eggs, bell peppers (red), bell peppers (orange), fresh parsley, milk, cooking spray
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pkg(s) 20oz. bag hash browns, pat dry (simply potato preferred in this dish)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. blended cheese divided
- 1 pkg(s) 12oz. pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled into bite-sized pieces
- 9 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) orange bell pepper, diced
- fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) 2% milk or cream
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine one egg with hash browns, olive oil, 1 cup cheese and half each of the salt and pepper.
- 3. Divide mixture evenly between 24 muffin tins and press down.
- 4. Sprinkle each with parsley.
- 5. Bake at 400° about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crispy.
- 6. Meanwhile, whisk remaining 8 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 7. Add remaining 1 cup cheese, remaining salt and pepper, cooked bacon, red and orange bell peppers and milk. Stir to combine.
- 8. Pour egg-bacon mixture evenly over each potato muffin crust. Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper and parsley if desired.
- 9. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- 10. Allow muffins to cool in muffin tins about 5 minutes before removing. Serve hot or lukewarm.