Smokey Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
An easy way to sneak veggies in without the kids knowing using a blender/food processor. This recipe uses cauliflower to enhance the cheesy, creamy sauce. Picky eaters won't know they're eating something good for them!
This recipe contains cauliflower, pasta (shell), ham, cheese (gouda, smoked), heavy cream, salt (kosher), black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 lb. cauliflower
- 12 oz. shell pasta
- 6 oz. ham, diced
- 4 oz. smoked gouda, shredded
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. freshly ground
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring another pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to packaged directions, drain.
- 3. Place cauliflower into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4. In a pot over medium-low heat, combine cauliflower puree, cream, and shredded cheese.
- 5. Add diced ham and pasta shell. Season with salt (not too much, there's salt from the cheese and ham) and pepper to taste.
- 6. Remove from heat and serve immediately.