Chicken Caesar Cobb Salad
A salad that doesn’t leave you hungry waiting for more. Full of protein. Full of healthy fats. Just full of good for you stuff.
This recipe contains XXXXX, bread (ciabatta), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), garlic powder, parsley (dried), salt, bacon, eggs, lettuce (romaine), avocados, cheese (parmesan, wedge), XXXXX, greek yogurt (plain), olive oil, fresh garlic, anchovies, lemons, cheese (parmesan, grated), salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1/2 whole ciabatta loaf
- 4 whole chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 1 pn. salt
- 7 oz. shortcut bacon, cut into strips
- 2 eggs, boiled and sliced
- 2 whole head baby cos lettuce (romaine)
- 1 whole avocado, sliced
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, shaved
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2/3 cup(s) greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/2 whole lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 - 2 ds. salt
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to grill/broil settings on medium - high heat. Place the bread slices onto an oven tray; drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven (on middle shelf) until crispy. While bread is grilling, prepare chicken.
- 2. Rub the chicken breast with the garlic powder, parsley flakes and salt. Heat a non stick grilling pan/skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and fry chicken until golden on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside onto a warm plate. Add the bacon strips to the same pan, and fry until golden and crispy. While the bacon is frying, boil your eggs to your liking (and don't forget to check your bread in the oven).
- 3. TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
Combine yogurt, oil, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and parmesan. Whisk until well combined; add salt and pepper to your taste, and whisk again. Taste test.
- 4. ASSEMBLE SALAD:
Combine lettuce with the chicken and bacon strips; eggs (halved); avocado slices; shaved parmesan cheese; and bread pieces (halved). Pour over the dressing; mix well to combine, and serve.