Honey Glazed Pork Chops with Mushrooms
Delicious, juicy pork chops with mushrooms and a honey glaze all prepared in 30 minutes! Try serving over mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
This recipe contains pork chops (bone in), olive oil, butter, mushrooms, wine (white), honey, mustard (dijon), chicken broth, garlic (fresh), salt, pepper, parsley (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 28 oz. pork chops, (4 chops around 7oz each) preferably bone in
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup(s) chicken broth or water
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 - 3 ds. salt
- 2 - 3 ds. pepper
- 2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1. Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once the display reads 'hot', add oil and whole spices (cardamom, cloves, black pepper and cumin). Saute for 30 seconds.
- 2. Add onion and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes covered with glass lid.
- 3. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- 4. Add chicken, mix well to evenly coat all the spices to the chicken.
- 5. Add 1/4 cup of water.
- 6. Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual and adjust to high pressure for 8 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of natural pressure release. Quick release the remaining pressure.
- 7. Open the Instant Pot, add a few spoonfuls of hot curry to the yogurt and mix well. This step is important to avoid the cold yogurt getting split in the curry.
- 8. Cook on Saute mode to thicken the sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
- 9. Note: If you want a thick curry, reduce the 1/4 cup water by adding only 2 tablespoons of water and saute in the end for few extra minutes. This recipe is a soupier curry.\r For boneless chicken thighs or breasts - cook for 5 mins followed by NPR