Cuban Toasted Chicken Sandwiches
This recipe contains , chicken (grilled), rolls (hoagie), cheese (swiss), deli ham, pickles (dill), , mayonnaise, mustard (yellow), lime juice (fresh), garlic (minced)
Cook time: 10 min
- The Sandwhich
- 9 oz. PERDUE grilled chicken breast
- 1 pkg(s) 6 ct. hoagie rolls
- 6 oz. swiss cheese slices
- 6 oz. ham slices
- 12 slice(s) dill pickle
- The Spread
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonaise
- 1/4 cup(s) mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1. Stir together the spread ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Cut the bread segments or rolls in half lengthwise. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on both cut sides. For each sandwich, over the bottom, layer 1 cheese slice, 1 ham slice, about 4 chicken strips, and 2 pickle "planks." Close the sandwich and press. Lightly brush the top and bottom of the sandwich with butter.
- 3. Toast the sandwiches in a preheated Panini grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted. Or toast the sandwiches in a skillet or stovetop grill pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes per side. Place another heavy skillet, bottom down, on top of the sandwiches and press gently for even browning. (Make sure the griddle or grill pan is not too hot. Otherwise, the crust will burn before the cheese melts.)
- 4. Depending on the size of your Panini grill, skillet, or grill pan, you may need to toast the sandwiches in two batches.
- 5. Slice the sandwiches diagonally and serve warm.