Sweet and Spicy Sriracha-Hoisin Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha-Hoisin Glazed Chicken Drumsticks are marinaded in a sweet, slightly spicy Sriracha and hoisin glaze. It’s quick, easy and makes for an amazing weeknight meal! This recipe is best when you make the sauce the day before and let the chicken marinate in the sauce overnight.
This recipe contains chicken (drumsticks), hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, oil (sesame), ginger (fresh), garlic (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 3 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup(s) hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 whole piece of ginger, thumb sized, peeled and grated
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely minced
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry.
- 2. In a bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Stir until well blended. Add chicken and turn to fully coat. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. Drain chicken from marinade, reserving liquid.
- 3. Arrange chicken in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake in a 375 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring reserved marinade to a boil for about 7 to 10 minutes or until reduced.
- 4. Remove chicken from oven and liberally brush with marinade on all sides. Return to oven and continue to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 F.
- 5. Increase oven temperature to a broil and move oven rack to upper third of oven. Liberally brush chicken pieces with marinade and broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until nicely charred. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.