Fall Pumpkin Pie
Try out this classic fall favorite in a tasty tribute to the Lone Star State!
This recipe contains eggs, eggs, pumpkin, sugar, ground cinnamon, ginger (powder), salt, molasses, evaporated milk, pie crust
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 can(s) 15oz. canned pumpkin
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 3/4 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 2 whole 9 inch unbaked pie crusts
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lina a 9-inch pie plate with one pie pastry; set aside.
- 2. Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add pumpkin, sugar, spices and molasses; blend thoroughly. Add milk; stir to blend. Pour onto pie crust. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until set.
- 3. To make pastry shapes:
Roll out second pastry on floured surface. Using leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes, gently place on baking sheet. Brush with egg white; bake at 425°F 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange on top of baked, cooled pie.