Chicken Marinara Pita Pizza
Serve as an appetizer or as a meal!
This recipe contains chicken (cooked), bread (pita), marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, cheese (parmesan, grated), crushed red pepper, oregano (dried)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 pkg(s) PERDUE SHORT CUTS Carved Chicken Breasts
- 4 6-inch pita pockets
- 1/2 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 4 oz. shredded, low-fat mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp. parmesan cheese, grated, for serving (optional)
- 1 pn. crushed red pepper, for serving (optional)
- 1 pn. dried oregano, for serving (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven on the broil setting. Arrange the pita breads on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet under the broiler until the pitas are toasted on one side, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the pitas and broil on the other side, another 1-2 minutes. Remove the pitas from the oven.
- 2. Spread each toasted pita with 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce. Top with chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Place the pita pizzas under the broiler. Broil for 2 minutes or until hot and the cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove them from the oven and cut into wedges.
- 4. Serve warm with Parmesan Cheese, crushed red pepper flakes and dried oregano, if desired.