HT Chicken Jambalaya Bake
Classis jambalaya dish made with chicken instead of sausage.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), flour (all-purpose), chili powder, salt (kosher), olive oil, onions, fresh garlic, rice (basmati), tomatoes (diced), chicken stock, cayenne pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breast, boneless, cut in large dice
- 2/3 cup(s) four
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 whole large onion, chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup(s) basmati rice
- 1 can(s) 28oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Dredge the chicken in the combined mixture of flour, chili powder and salt.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown the seasoned chicken. Remove the chicken, and stir fry the onions, garlic and basmati rice 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Mix in the tomatoes and chicken stock, bring to a simmer. Return the chicken back to the skillet, cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes.