Maple Sausage and Cream Cheese Spirals
Delicious sausage and cream cheese appetizer.
This recipe contains sausage, apples, cream cheese, cinnamon (ground), black pepper, crescent rolls, walnuts (chopped)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. pork maple roll sausage
- 1 cup(s) apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 pkg(s) 8oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 can(s) 8oz. crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup(s) walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage and apple in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Add cream cheese, cinnamon and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Unroll dough on work surface. Separate each can of dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal. Spread 3 tablespoons sausage mixture onto each rectangle.
- 3. Roll up dough rectangles, starting at 1 long side of each. Pinch edges together to seal. Use serrated knife to cut each roll into 6 spirals.
- 4. Place, cut sides down and 1 inch apart, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired; press lightly into tops of spirals.
- 5. Bake 13-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown and bottoms are crisp.