Baked Macaroni Casserole
Baked macaroni and cheese with a mix of cheeses
This recipe contains elbow macaroni, milk, ricotta cheese, cheese (cheddar, white), cheese (parmesan, shredded), fresh parsley, bread crumbs, butter, salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 16 oz. macaroni pasta
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 2 oz. vermont sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions, reducing cook time by one-third; drain.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, combine the milk and Ricotta in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the Cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the parsley, the salt and the pepper.
- 3. Stir the pasta into the cheese mixture until well blended. Transfer to a 10-inch round casserole dish. Stir the bread crumbs, margarine and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle mixture evenly over casserole.
- 4. Bake at 375° F until heated through, there will be bubbling around the edges and the bread crumbs will be golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.