Chorizo & Pineapple RITZwich
Ritz cracker sandwiches with chorizo sausage, pineapple and chipotle mayo! Great appetizers for game day!
This recipe contains sausage (chorizo), pineapple, crackers (ritz), mayonnaise (chipotle), cilantro (fresh)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/2 lb. chorizo ground sausage
- 1 whole 2 fresh pineapple rings (1/2 inch thick)
- 32 whole crackers, ritz
- 4 tsp. chipotle mayonnaise
- 16 whole fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Heat grill pan sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Shape sausage into 16 (1-1/2-inch) patties. Add to hot pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done (160°F). Remove from pan.
- 2. Add pineapple to grill pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and grill-marked on both sides, turning after 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Cut each pineapple ring into 8 wedges.
- 3. Top 16 crackers with sausage, pineapple, mayonnaise and cilantro; cover with remaining crackers to make 16 sandwiches.