Duke’s Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Classic potato salad. A great side for pot lucks!
This recipe contains potatoes (new), cider vinegar, celery, relish (sweet pickel), scallions, mayonnaise, pepper, salt, paprika
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 lb. equal-size boiling potatoes, such as new or yukon gold
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped scallions
- 1 cup(s) duke’s mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pn. paprika
- 1. Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 2 inches in a 3-quart saucepan and simmer uncovered until just tender, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on size of potatoes. Drain in a colander and cool slightly.
- 2. While potatoes are simmering, whisk together vinegar and salt to taste in a large bowl until salt is dissolved.
- 3. When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel if desired, cut into 1-inch pieces, adding to vinegar mixture and toss gently to combine.
- 4. Let cool to room temperature, then add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste and stir gently to combine.
- 5. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve at room temperature or chilled.