Brussel Sprout Carbonara
This dish combines a few of my favorite things – caramelized shredded brussels sprouts, pasta and pancetta in a delicious, creamy sauce that takes about 15 minutes to make. I also used gluten-free pasta.
This recipe contains eggs, cheese (parmesan), basil (fresh), crushed red pepper, pasta (fusilli), pancetta, fresh garlic, shallots, brussel sprouts, black pepper, salt (kosher)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 large eggs
- 3 oz. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) loosely packed basil, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 oz. fusilli pasta, use Delallo if making gluten-free or wheat if needed
- 3 oz. pancetta, diced
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped shallots
- 10 oz. brussels sprouts, shredded
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Add the rice, water, and 3 cans of soup to the pan. Stir to combine. Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice mixture. Drizzle the butter over the chicken and rice. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 3. Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Uncover and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed and chicken is browned. If you like extra crispy chicken skin, broil the casserole for 3-5 minutes after it's done baking. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.