Baby Carrots with Honey & Cinnamon Glaze
Baby Carrots with a cinnamon-honey glaze.
This recipe contains carrots (baby), salt, butter, honey (cinnamon flavored), sugar (brown), salt, black pepper, parsley (fresh)
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. baby cut carrots
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 tbsp. honey, cinnamon flavored
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 - 2 ds. salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or chives used for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- 2. Rinse the baby carrots under water and put them in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and add the 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until carrots become fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- 3. In a 1 quart baking dish stir together melted butter, honey, and brown sugar.Add carrots to the glaze mixture and stir to coat the carrots evenly.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the glaze begins to thicken and carrots are tender. Add additional salt and/or freshly ground pepper to taste to the finished product.
- 5. Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley or fresh snipped chives if you so choose.