Whole Beef Tenderloin
Whole beef tenderloin, perfect for family gatherings or the holidays!
This recipe contains beef (tenderloin, whole), oregano (dried), paprika, salt (kosher), thyme (dried), garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, red pepper (ground), red pepper (ground)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 6 lb. whole beef tenderloin roast
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F.
- 2. In small bowl, combine seasoning ingredients. Press evenly into surface of beef roast.
- 3. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in the thickest part of the beef. Do not add water or cover.
- 4. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes for medium rare doneness. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 125° F.
- 5. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise approximately 10 degrees to reach 135° F for medium rare.)