Arugula Salmon Salad with Capers and Shaved Parmesan
The capers compliment the salmon so well and a touch of shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano on top sends my taste buds into a very happy place! Great for lunch or a weeknight meal.
This recipe contains baby arugula, fish (salmon), capers, red wine vinegar, olive oil (extra virgin), cheese (parmesan, wedge), salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 cup(s) baby arugula
- 4 oz. cooked sockeye wild salmon, skin removed
- 1 tsp. capers, drained
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. shaved parmesan
- salt, to taste
- fresh pepper, to taste
- 1. To prepare dressing, place the milk, sour cream, lemon zest, dill, flax oil, green onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender and process until smooth. Taste to adjust seasonings. Refrigerate 1 hour to let flavors develop.
- 2. Prepare grill for cooking over moderate heat according to the manufacturer's instructions. Season salmon all over with salt and pepper. Grill, flesh sides down, on a lightly oiled rack for 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and grill until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more. Sprinkle fillets with fresh lemon juice and set aside until cool.
- 3. Divide greens among four plates and top with sliced cucumbers. Place cooled salmon in the center and drizzle with dill dressing.