Cobb Salad in a Jar with Buttermilk Ranch
Chicken, tomatoes, bacon, avocado, eggs, blue cheese and lettuce all conveniently layered in a jar with a light homemade ranch – portable and perfect to make ahead to take to work, school, the beach, park or anywhere you want a delicious meal on the go!
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, mayonnaise (light), buttermilk, scallions, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley (dried), basil (dried), pepper, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, bacon, tomatoes (grape), avocados, eggs, chicken (cooked), blue cheese, lettuce (romaine)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) 1% buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh chopped scallion
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp. dried basil
- FOR THE SALAD
- 2 strips center-cut bacon
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 (1/2 small) avocado, diced
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 4 oz. cooked or grilled chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 oz. crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 4 cup(s) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with waxed paper. Place chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.
- 2. Stir the mixture occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the vanilla extract and nuts.
- 3. Spread fudge evenly in prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm. Cut when cool and firm. Store uncovered in the refrigerator.