Asian style chicken rolls
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), sake, tamari, fresh ginger, scallions, carrots, bell peppers (red), celery, salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked)
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 whole chicken breasts, boneless, skin removed
- 2 tbsp. sake
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tbsp. ginger juice
- 4 whole small green onions
- 1 whole large carrot, julienne, blanched
- 1/2 whole small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 whole rib celery, julienne
- 1 - 2 ds. kosher salt to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1. Score the chicken breasts lightly on each side, place in a baking dish, season with sake, Tamari, and ginger juice. Cover tightly and marinate 2-4 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Drain the chicken; trim the veggies to the width of the chicken breasts.
- 3. Place the green onion and one strip each of the carrot, bell pepper, and celery in the middle of each chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Roll each chicken breast up enclosing the veggies. Secure the openings with small bamboo skewers.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and slice in 1/2-inch thick slices.