Salmon Piccata- capers, lemons, white wine and garlic make up this traditional piccata dish.
This recipe contains fish (salmon), butter, flour, garlic (minced), wine (white, dry), chicken broth, capers, lemons, black pepper, parsley (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 whole fresh sockeye salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 whole fresh lemon, 1/2 for juice and 1/2 for garnish
- 1 - 3 ds. ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole bunch parsley for garnish- optional
- 1. In a large no-stick sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- 2. Flour and dust the salmon fillets and place them in the sauté pan. Cook the fillets for 2 minutes, turning the fillets once.
- 3. Add the garlic and pepper to the pan and when the garlic starts to turn brown, deglaze with the wine. Add the chicken broth and capers and reduce by half.
- 4. Turn the fish one more time and squeeze half the lemon over the fillets and sauce.
- 5. Remove and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.