Grilled Asian Chicken Salad
Grilled Asian Chicken Salad- teriyaki marinated chicken, romaine, almonds, sesame seeds, mandarin oranges and fried wonton strips with a simple homemade dressing.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), teriyaki sauce, scallions, salt (kosher), pepper, sugar, rice vinegar, olive oil (extra virgin), wonton wrappers, oil (canola), lettuce (romaine), water chestnuts, sesame seed, almonds (sliced), oranges (mandarin)
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 20 min
- 4 whole skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 pkg(s) teriyaki marinade
- 8 whole green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 1 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pkg(s) 14oz. package wonton wrappers
- canola oil for frying
- 1 whole bunch of romaine lettuce, chilled, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 can(s) 4oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup(s) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted sliced almonds
- 1 can(s) 10oz. can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1. Place chicken breasts in a bowl, pour teriyaki sauce over them, and coat well. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for direct heat.
- 3. For the dressing, place green onions, salt, pepper, and sugar in a blender. Pour in olive oil and rice vinegar. Blend until smooth. Remove to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4. Grill chicken, turning, until done. Remove to a cutting board, and cut into strips.
- 5. In a large skillet or wok, warm oil over medium-high heat. Cut wonton wrappers into strips. Fry wonton strips until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- 6. In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, water chestnuts, sesame seeds, sliced almonds, and mandarin oranges. Pour dressing over salad, and toss gently. Top with fried wontons and grilled chicken strips.