Sausage and Egg Breakfast Tart
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Tart on puff pastry sheet.
This recipe contains puff pastry, cheese (fontina), potatoes (fingerling), sausage (link), eggs, rosemary, salt, pepper (cracked), olive oil (extra virgin)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 whole sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 oz. fontina, shredded
- 4 fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 sausage Links, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 whole sprigs rosemary, stems removed
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. olive oil, for drizzling
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Place puff pastry onto parchment-lined baking sheet and prick surface all over with fork.
- 3. Fold edges over slightly to form crust all around, pressing with fork slightly to seal. Brush with egg wash and bake for 6 minutes to lightly brown.
- 4. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over puff pastry.
- 5. Place sliced potatoes over cheese, followed by sausage pieces, making sure to leave 2 open areas to hold eggs.
- 6. Carefully crack eggs onto tart and top with rosemary leaves. Season with salt and cracked pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- 7. Bake tart for 8 to 10 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown and egg whites are set.