Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic chocolate chip cookie recipe made with duck eggs.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), walnuts (chopped)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 duck eggs
- 1 pkg(s) 12oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup(s) nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl (set aside).
- 2. In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy.
- 3. Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 4. Beat in duck eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- 5. Add flour mixture and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well.
- 6. Stir in chocolate chips (nuts as well).
- 7. Drop batter in 2 tbsp portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- 8. Bake in a 375 ºF preheated oven until the edge of the cookies are brown, leaving an area about 1 inch wide in the center still pale, ~10mins
- 9. If using two pans in one oven, switch positions at half-time.
- 10. Let cookies cool on pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula.
- 11. Serve warm or cool; ENJOY!